Sunday, September 02, 2007

Alone in the Universe

I'm failing miserably at waking up early. I can't say that I'm too disturbed by it.

The weather here has finally (cross my fingers, knock on wood) cooled down...I actually had a hoodie on while I was studying in the park on Friday. I'm not sure what I would do without the gorgeous parks here in Tokyo - they re-energize me like nothing else.

Meet Mr. Duck. He had quite the personality, poking his head into the woman's bag that was feeding him.
Mr. Cat wasn't at all disturbed by the commotion that Mr. Duck was creating.
I plan on re-visiting the park that my friend introduced me to last weekend very soon. It has everything a park should have: a beatiful pond, swan boats, giant koi, ducks quacking, cats roaming, dogs panting, kids playing, trees and flowers but these without the crowds of Inokashira. I also plan on re-visiting the bamboo park on the bike path - oh and the Hasu (lotus) garden in Ueno...

Yesterday after doing a much needed load of laundry, I spent most of my day studying Japanese at Starbucks. Then shared a nice dinner with a friend. Perfect day on all counts.

It's now 1:00pm on Sunday and my day is just beginning. I just had my morning coffee with Karen - and after finishing this up I'm going to head somewhere to study - and then maybe catch a movie. I'm thinking basil fried rice for dinner...

Wow. Riveting blog entry, isn't it?


All this to say that I'm happy in my little world over here. Lonely at times, worried others but on the whole thankful for everything and everyone that I have in my life both here and Canada.

1 comment:

Paris Trout said...

too cute. you, the duck, the cat

j.