Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No, not a floating turkey.

I know. I know. The question on the sidebar has been driving you crazy. Wondering just what kind of duck it is has had you lying awake at night. Well dear friends, I bring you your first good night's rest since you layed eyes on the red faced duck. I've actually been sitting on this information for quite some time seeing as I made a quick trip to wikiland right after posting the picture. I just figured someone would take it upon themselves to post a comment urging me to educate them but alas I've no eager beavers as readers :(

Within seconds I had the answer to my question - the red faced, black and white duck I saw at Showa Kinen Koen is known as a MUSCOVY DUCK. The muscovy duck is native to South America. The rather unpleasant looking red bumps on his face are called carnuncles

(This isn't finished yet...more amazing facts about the Muscovy duck to come!)

2 comments:

Paris Trout said...

I thought the duck was asking a philosophical question, but turns out he wasn't.

Rich said...

I was actually wondering what the duck on the top was :)