Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good News!

Joanne has her first interview tomorrow! Yay! The interview is for a 5 week summer intensive English language program run by the Canadian government to promote bilingualism. I've actually taught in this program before at Brock. During the interview I'm required to demonstrate a 10 minute mini lesson. This is the first time I've ever had to do something like this. I'm not sure what to expect given that the situation will be so contrived - Readers, have any of you had to do any like this? If so, any suggestions are welcome! Wish me luck and think about me at about 3pm tomorrow as I once again plunge into the big bad world of the job interview. I keep thinking about this one particular interview I had 5 years ago and quite frankly nothing could be worse than it so...ya. I'd share with you but even after all this time it still smarts. Let's just say that I was in tears after the interview. I'll keep you posted. Now off to work on that mini lesson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm home from Paris! Good luck tomorrow you'll kick butt. I believe I remember that interview from 5 years ago, and they sucked not you. I think you're fantastic!
love you jenxoxox

Paris Trout said...

I need an update. I heard you went to Niagara Falls. I bet you have some awesome photos....see you this weekend, love you!